Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Total Melt down

This Mommy needs a time out today! My 5 year old son and I both had a total melt down. Here's the scoop. He misses his Dad that he hasn't seen in almost two years. They've talked on the phone maybe twice in the last three months. It's ok that he loves and misses his Dad, but what isn't ok is the way he's been treating everybody because of it. He's been a total cry baby and jerk for weeks on end. Everything ends in a screaming crying fit. He tells his sisters that he hates them and they aren't his sisters anymore. He doesn't listen. He loses focus in school. Did I mention that he cries over every single little thing. I lost it today. I told him that he's being a jerk. That I understand he misses his Dad but that the way he's been treating all of us is not ok. I told him how everybody here loves him so much and we do everything we can to make sure he's happy and has everything he needs. I told him that when he acts this way nobody likes spending time with him, the other kids don't like to play with him. I reminded him that his Dad hardly ever calls and that in two years he hasn't sent him a single birthday or Christmas present. I told him that his Dad and I can't live together anymore because we argue too much but that no matter what its ok to love and miss him. I don't know who cried harder, Hunter or me. It hurts me to know that my child is hurting and there's nothing I can do to fix it but at the same time it also feels like a slap in the face. I'm just at a total loss as to how to handle all of this. Anyways, that's the end of my rant for the day. Any suggestions on how to handle this?



No comments:

Post a Comment