Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Blogging Pet Peeve

Just a short vent here. I've discovered a new pet peeve. I absolutley hate it when people leave comments only saying that they are  new follower and asking for a follow back! I love finding new blogs to follow, and it seriously makes my day each and every time I get a new follower. But please, offer a little more of a comment! I know it's difficult sometimes finding something meaningful to say especially if you've been leaving comments and following a lot of different blogs that day. I have been guilty of this before too. But I try to find something insightful or encouraging to say. It's even worse when you have multiple blogs that you do, and you see the exact same comment, word for word, from the same person, on all of them! I'm not trying to be rude or offend, but seeing this makes me go from excited, to depressed to really irritated very quickly! Please, a little equiette here!


5 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. Unfortunately it is all too common. It would be nice to receive an honest comment on our posts but some bloggers are desperately trying to hop around to gain new followers and can't be bothered. Sigh.

    Alas, I am a new follower! tee hee. I found you from the I ♥ Blogging Hop. If you want to swing by Horseshoes feel free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm a new follower from the blog hop and I would really love if you would...wait...just kidding. Sorry, I couldn't help myself. LOL

    I can't stand when people do this. It drives me crazy. I hate when I have poured time, effort, energy, and emotion into a post, just to get these types of replies. At least read what I wrote people! It is so obvious that the cut and pasted this response on every single post linked to the hop too. Drives me batty. Glad I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm probably guilty of this to some extent. I've never asked anyone to follow me back, but I have commented just to say I loved something about their blog and told them I was following.

    By the way, I'm from the Newbie Blog hop - that's how I found you. I'm going to check out some more of your posts.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard many bloggers rant about this. Most say they won't follow back. It'll be interesting to see if someone does it on this post. I think sometimes they don't even look at the post, they just leave the message. I saw one the other day on a post about someone passing away. I couldn't believe it.

    Now that I've said all that...I'm visiting from the Newbie blog hop. I'm now following you on GFC as Ericka T. Please check out my blog and consider following. Thanks.

    www.savingwhilemakingmoney.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm an old follower. Old in SOOOOO many ways. And I know you follow me too, so the only insightful thng I can say is, "I hear ya girlie". I think the spam comments I get are more original than some of the real ones. At least they make me laugh while I'm delieting them !

    ReplyDelete