Friday, June 21, 2013

I need sleep!!!!!


Alright people, I'm seriously about to lose my mind! What's the problem you ask? My nine month old demon baby Riley! Oh don't get me wrong, she's adorable as hell and sweet and lovable as can be. At least during daylight hours. At night, when the rest of the house is peacefully slumbering she turns into a milk guzzling, use Mommy as a binky, screaming demon. I can actually time her, every two hours. At her age there's really no reason for her to be waking up this often. She use to sleep anywhere from four to six hours straight but evidently she has a twisted sense of humor. I don't know what to do. I've tried making sure her belly is full before putting her to bed, we have a bedtime routine, and I've even tried giving her a bottle of formula before I go to bed. Nothing works, she's still up in two hours. I considered that it might be teething cause she shows the signs of that so I gave her teething tablets. It didn't help. I really don't think she's that hungry all night. Either she's just really spoiled or she needs extra closeness and snuggling at night. But even that doesn't make sense. I'm with her all the time. Even the brief times that I am away from her, her routine stays the same. There haven't been any major changes in her life that would make her insecure. I'm at the end of my rope. And I'm a little worried about her safety because eventually Hunter and Holly are going to realize that Mommy's grouchiness is their baby sister's fault!



2 comments:

  1. Oh...I remember those days! The days when I forgot where the baby was because I was so tired! The good news...this too will pass, And then you turn 40 and you won't be able to sleep, and so the sleepless night begin again! Enjoy that nighttime snuggling. Before you know it she will be grown up and busy with her friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She really is snuggly too! She's lucky she's so cute during daylight hours. She's growing up on me so quickly I know I should just relax and enjoy it but damn I miss sleep! :)

    ReplyDelete