Sunday, April 3, 2011

Mommy....Mommy....Mommy.......

Mommy....Mommy....Mommy....it seems like I constantly hear this chant. I have a 7 year old, a 3 year old, and a 13 month old, and the funny thing is I hear this endless chant mostly from my 7 year old daughter. I would expect for the 3 year old to drive me crazy with this, but no, in my house, it's the oldest one that drives me batty! I love her to pieces, but she is completly incapable of playing by herself for more than 5 minutes. I'm being nice, it's probably more like 2 minutes! And it's not just a phase either, she's been like this her entire life. She will "play" in the living room with her younger siblings while watching me to see if I'm watching her "play". I've asked her why she does this, she has no answer. She just gives me that blank "what are you talking about?" look. I try pointing out to her that her younger brother and sister can play by themselves, but it doesn't change anything. The really bad part is that I've been told I was the same way when I was little. Thinking back, it's true. But shhh, I can't admit that to my family! And even scarier than that, if she needs this much attention now, what is she going to put me through when she's a teenager?! AHHHH.........
Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment