Thursday, August 4, 2011

We've been friends since boys had cooties

I was talking to my BFF in Arizona earlier on Facebook and we were talking about how long we'd been friends. I made the comment that We've been friends since boys had cooties. Then I instantly said how that would make a great blog post. So here it is. To Silly, with love.

We met in Tucson, Arizona when she was 11 and I was 12. My sort of Aunt (my Dad's long time girlfriend's younger sister...did you follow that?) and Silly's older sister were best friends. I loved to tag along with T (my aunt) and she liked to tag along with M (her sis). They liked to dress us up and take us to the mall with them. It was awesome for us.

I moved across town and we lost touch for a little bit but freshman year I moved back to her neighborhood and we ended up at the same high school together. We were inseparable. Partners in crime is a phrase that was applied to us more than a few times! We never did anything to get in serious trouble or anything but if there were cute guys around, we were there. And if you saw a couple of girls dancing down the street dancing and singing Sisco's "The Thong Song" at the top of their lungs, that was us.

Well fast forward to about half way through our sophomore year and I did the unthinkable. I moved 2,000 miles away! I know, I'm terrible. That was 11 years ago. In that time, our lives have gone in different directions and we've lost touch a few times. But at the end of the day we're still best friends. We're still there for each other when we need a good cry or a giggle and we always will be.

We may have gotten over boys having cooties but we'll never get over being each other's friend. I love you Silly!


VOTE FOR ME

No comments:

Post a Comment