Monday, February 28, 2011

I just wish my life would change!

"I just wish my life would change!" is a phrase I've been hearing a lot lately, spoken from my seven year old daughter. This is a phrase no child should ever have to utter. Even though it's her father she feels this way towards, in the end it's my fault. As her mother it's my job to see that she never feels that way, and I've failed. I've allowed my own fears and insecurities to crowd out the needs of my child. As a mother, I feel like a complete failure. The saddest part is that I know one day she's going to want to know why I allowed things to continue for so long and I don't have a good reason to give her. He's not physically abusive, the damage he does is verbal and emotional. In the end maybe thats even worse. He doesn't enrich our lives in any way yet I've kept him around. I was researching earlier the effects of verbal abuse on young girls and felt devestated. If I don't do something soon, she's going to grow into an insecure woman who thinks it's normal and there for ok, to be treated like crap by men. I wrote before about breaking the cycle but I need to take my own advice. My children are better than that!
Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment