I recently read a post on another blog ( http://www.lettersforlucas.com/ ) about what it means to be a mom , and it inspired me to make my own list.
How you know you're a Mom...
- when you lock yourself in the bathroom just for a few minutes of alone time (even though they still find you in there).
- when you either get up an hour early or stay up an hour later just to get a hot shower alone.
- when you hide your favorite cookies on a top shelf away from little hands and eyes.
- when every room of your house looks like a toy store.
- when your grateful if your meal is even luke warm.
- when you go weeks at a time hardly looking in a mirror let alone putting on makeup.
- when you average 3-4 hours of sleep a night because you're up with a sick or scared child. Or just checking on them during the night.
- when you wash more bottles and sippy cups then you do actual cups.
- when you find yourself smiling just watching your children play.
- when a sloppy baby kiss or a "transformer" hug (thats what my son calls a big hug) makes all your stress go away.
- when you have the crazy urge to wake your little one up at night just to snuggle with them.
- when you find yourself saying things like "Don't lick your sister."
- when your on a first name basis with the staff at the pediatricians office.
- when you can remember all your children's ages and birthdays, but can't remember your own.
- when you choose your friends based on who your kids are friends with.
- when your most favorite past time is just snuggling with your babies.